Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

Hi, i am currently on 160mg of clexane injections daily due

Hi, i am currently on 160mg of clexane injections daily due to a pe i had in july this year, i am now suffering from servere anxiety, moderate depression and PTSD. I am about 3 weeks pregnant again, but going for a termination on monday 20th oct, and i am absalutly terrifide that a new clot may form or come back even though having reasurance from a doctor. i have had a CT scan 2 months ago and it did show that all the clots had gone, i also had pneumonia at the same time as the clot and that had gone but there was still some inflamtion on the right lung, and it still hurts a bit when i take a deeo breath or yawn.. and it has felt like that since the pe and the pneumonia.. could you tell me about the clot or if it could come back while on 160mg of clexane a day?
Hi--are you asking if the clot in your lung could come back now that you're on the clexane?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, i am asking if any clot could form while i am on clexane i have a huge fear of one forming again even though i am on the injections.

I understand. So long as you're on the clexane the chance of a new clot forming is nearly zero, but I can't tell you the risk is absolutely zero. The pain you have now is just a little of the remaining inflammation but not from a new clot.