How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Hi. My fifteen year old daughter has Asperger's syndrome. She

This answer was rated:

Hi. My fifteen year old daughter has Asperger's syndrome. She has been feeling increasingly depressed lately and I am desperate to get her help. How can I find a local (private) psychiatrist who is experienced in dealing with children on the autistic spectrum? We live in Twickenham UK.
First of all, the GP can refer you....which might even negate the need to go private.
Otherwise, another way is to call the hospital in your area here
Ask to talk with the director of psychiatry's office, and tell them the situation.
Or, most directly, call this this page carefully.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you