Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am sure i have a std but cannot face going to my doctor of

I am sure i have a std but cannot face going to my doctor of many years is there any other way i can treat it
Hi--how is it you think you have an STD?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have a burning sensation when urinating and a slight yellow discharge

OK. Would you be willing to see a doctor at an urgent care center about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would be willing to see a doctor who is not at my current practice but wondered if there is anything I can do to clear it up myself

Well, first off without a culture it wouldn't be possible to tell if this were gonorrhea or chlamydia. Gonorrhea takes antibiotics to clear--no other way. If it's chlamydia you can try Goldenseal, Echinacea, and garlic supplements for a week. If your symptoms clear, fine, but if they don't you need to see the other doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it safe for me just to take garlic capsules in the first instance and how long for please ?do both diseases show identical symptoms??

Garlic alone is fine and you need to take it for at least a week. Both chlamydia and gonorrhea have similar symptoms although the discharge from gonorrhea is usually thick white and copious while that of chlamydia is thin and not copious
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is thin discharge just prior to urinating slight yellow colour but not very much of it there is slight burning but not unbearable.

Sounds more like chlamydia then and hopefully the garlic will clear it up
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou finally is there any benefit in taking both echinacea and garlic together or will garlic alone be ok and what sort of quantity per day. Thankyou

1200 mg of garlic supplement once a day should do the trick