Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi Dr, I've got the proper echo report today, can I attach

Hi Dr, I've got the proper echo report today, can I attach it here?
Sure Shazad--go ahead
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok just need to scan it, won't be long
No problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long are you online for?
The rest of the day--several hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it Shazad. All of it looks very good--did your cardiologist comment on it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have you seen the second page? The echo technician comments
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What does she mean by diastolic dysfunction and abnormal septal motion?
You really don't have diastolic dysfunction Shazad--not from those numbers. In cases where it's obvious it means a stiff left ventricle and that can lead to congestive heart failure but as I said I wouldn't consider that you have the problem from the numbers. The abnormal septal motion is nothing to worry about--just another indication you septum is a little enlarged. Nothing on the report that would relate to the risk of sudden cardiac death
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks.. I saw the cardiologist today and he told me that there is nothing to worry about, he said that my BP is slightly raised on my treadmill excercise test I had yesterday and he is going to refer me to have a 24 hour BP test.. He said ideally he'd like me to go to the gym as normal on the day that I do the 24 hour bp so he can see what it is when I'm doing weights etc . He is also going to refer me for an MRI because I'm panicking about the septum. He said the mri will show a more accurate size
I read the report when I got home and saw the comments that the tech had written that's why I panicked
Nothing to panic about, I assure you Shazad. Let me know about the MRI results
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will do.. Probably going to be a 4 week waiting list on the NHS. So definately nothing to lose sleep over the tech's notes? I was hoping to forget about all this and return to work tomorrow and then read her notes which started worrying me
Nothing to lose sleep over so please sleep well
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks dr .. Chat soon
Take care