How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35560
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

after I finish urinating my urethra leaks for few minutes,

Customer Question

after I finish urinating my urethra leaks for few minutes, and sometimes even when I am completely finished urinating when I sit down or get over excited urine comes out. I had a urine test and it came out sterile I have suffered penis trauma in the passed
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. What kind of urine test and what do you mean by sterile? How long ago was the trauma and what exactly happened? Have you seen a urologist about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sterile means normal and no sign of infection.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Abe but what was the penile trauma and how long ago was that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 8 months ago. something hard had struck the skin of penis by corpus cavernosa the penis went purple for few days and I couldn't have erection for few weeks. since then I have started to get good erection but not long after trauma. urine started leaking after finishing urination. when I don't need to urinate I don't feel a need to pass urine and I urinate 4 times a day

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Abe. Have you talked to your doctor about this or have you seen a urologist about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have but I'm asking you from your years of experience what the problem can be

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Sorry for the questions but I needed that information. It sounds like you may have one or two problems here. There may be damage to the urethral valve at the bladder neck. Also this may be an enlarged prostate problem. I don't know if the urologist has done any studies but I would have you undergo cystoscopy to look at your urethra and your bladder and I would also do a prostate ultrasound. If the problem is a prostate enlargement a medication like Flomax or Proscar can help with that. If there's a urethral valve injury that might take surgery to correct. Let me know if you need any more information