How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35561
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

for several weeks i have been very tired ans underneath my

This answer was rated:

for several weeks i have been very tired ans underneath my rightside of trunk and top of right thigh i have had pain on putting heat or anything cold if feels like a burning sensation i also have tingling in both hands in my finger tips i had full blood counts and various other blood test all were normal except for a slight rise in the pvr only up by one my gp thinks i have had a virus bothmy knee and inner right thigh are also painful and my muscles feel heavy
Hi. Any rash in those areas? Are the muscles actually tender to the touch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the dr ruled out shingles but thought it could be a similar virus

OK Sue. Just to check here did you have the following tests--thyroid function, EBV viral titer, blood glucose, kidney and liver function, and cortisol levels?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure about ebv but all others were tested and came back normal

Sorry for all the questions Sue. What about vitamin D, B 12, and magnesium levels?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

dont know sorry but was told by my friend who is drs receptionist i had quite a lot of blood tests as i cannot remember the last time i had one

That's OK Sue. You need to see if those were checked because a deficiency in any one of them could cause your symptoms. I would also get an autoimmune panel--antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, sed rate, and C reactive protein to look for something called polymyalgia rheumatica
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you