Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

Good evening Dr, hope you are well, anyway would my mild septum

Good evening Dr, hope you are well, anyway would my mild septum thickness present a symptom of localised tender type of pain in the chest?
Hey there. Tell me all you can about this particular pain
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's just to the right of the sternum.. It just feels sore/tender.. My HR is normal.. Doesn't make it worse by walking or taking deep breaths.. I don't feel clammy or anything
OK Shazad. No way does cardiac pain cause chest wall tenderness. Could either be a pulled muscle or perhaps costochondritis--inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the sternum, but any chest wall tenderness cannot be a heart symptom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That's what I thought too and just wanted a doctor's opinion on it.. I didn't want to get myself in a panic and rush to A&E .. I just thought it could be a symptom of my thick septum
It's not from the septum, I guarantee you that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've taken some co-codamol and ibuprofen for it... I suffer from acid reflux and take lanzoprazole daily.. Would the ibuprofen be ok?
Sure and moist heat like a microwave warmed washcloth would help too
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok will a hot water bottle suffice?
That's fine too
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok that's all for tonight.. It was the chest pain I was concerned about.. So definitely not cardiac related? And not a symptom of the thickened septum?
Definitely not cardiac related--septum or otherwise
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks and gnite.. Might come back if I remember anything
No problem my friend