How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19320
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

hi i have copd and now have a cest infection coming back,i

Customer Question

hi i have copd and now have a cest infection coming back,i am working in sm7 post code and dont have a doctor down hear,can i go to A&E to get help as i fear if i do not get it sorted now i will end up in hospital again.
thanks for your time
***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, if you have developed a chest infection and are finding it getting harder to breath, it would be appropriate for you to be seen quickly, and since you do not have a doctor where you are, it would be good to be seen at A&E.

The cough and phlegm production is not as worrisome as the fact that it is starting to cause difficulty breathing. With any chest infection that is causing shortness of breath, getting started on appropriate treatment quickly is the best approach to avoid severe disease that would require hospitalization.So, once it is starting to develop difficulty breathing, it is better to be seen quickly.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.