Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Can I have a planned catheter ablation of heart with alt 225

Can I have a planned catheter ablation of heart with alt 225 and ast 125?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
why is the liver function so off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is a good question. I was on Dronedarone since December 2013 and I have now stopped it. I am also on 12.5mg Methetrexate for inflammatory psoriatic arthritis - have been taking this since August 2013. I don't drink alcohol. GGT is not elevated.

Okay. must be the methotrexate.
I do think it is safe Malcolm, I am just concerned that the liver issue needs addressed too
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would the methotrexate hit the liver now after 14 months?

Yes it could. Absolutely
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Dronedarone was stopped on 24 October. LFT on 12 November showed ALT 52 and AST 38.