Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 76 years old, female, and have had arrhythmia /fibrillation(?)

I am 76 years old, female, and have had arrhythmia /fibrillation(?) since a hip replacement op in 2000. In September I had aortic valve replacement ( with a pigs valve.) The cardiologist and surgeon are content with my condition and recovery, but now I am referred for colonoscopy which would take place just 11 weeks after the open heart op.
Frankly I am worried. I feel pretty beaten up and feeble still, and the prep, process and after effects of colonoscopy sound harder than I might manage. I have piles and am told there are "probably" polyps about, but my heartbeat is all over the place - not just figuratively speaking.
Should I go for the colonoscopy and what special considerations might there be?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

give me a moment please

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Colonoscopy can be undertaken in your situation.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I mean to say your heart condition is not a contraindication to colonoscopy.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

11 weeks is a long enough time after heart surgery.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So I would not worry too much at all.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand that you feel fatigued and weak but if your blood tests are normal I think that you are fit for it.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If however you personally do not feel right for it you can always delay the colonoscopy by requesting them i.e. you can delay it by a month or two.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So it depends on you but as far as I am concerned you can have it done.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me for my services when you are done asking.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest regards

Let me know if you have any further questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me for my services when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I will rate you. Youre ok. Thanks for your reply, good news you are not worried about me, however your site sounds v worried I wont honour my part of our bargain; that appears to be its first concern. You might consider using a clearer photo of yourself ? this one so blurred, and dark specs make you look as if you don't wish to be identified.

Thanks again, sorry to disturb your night

You can check my license by going to the following link and entering my license (registration) number:
48453-S
http://www.pmdc.org.pk/SearchPractitioner/tabid/177/Default.aspx
Actually the pixels allowed on this website gives a low quality picture.