Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I have had. Viral infection with lots cattarghgh and cough.

I have had. Viral infection with lots cattarghgh and cough. This has led to blocked ear with muffled sounds (but constant washing machine noise)in my right ear?
Hi. How long have you been sick and any fever? Have you seen a doctor for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had this for 6 days now. No pain or fever just feeling of tiredness and very bad cough.

OK. It sounds as though you may have a combination of bronchitis and a sinus infection with what's called Eustachian tube dysfunction--that's the tube that connects the middle ear to the nasopharynx. You probably need antibiotics for this but for the ear problem you can try either a Neti pot or a saline nasal irrigation kit. I wouldn't advise antihistamines or decongestants since these can actually worsen the problem