Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have slight discomfort in my lower left abdomin, I also get

I have slight discomfort in my lower left abdomin, I also get lower left back pain sometimes to! It seems to be associated with going to the toilet or just after eating and it can be relieved if I use the toilet also for a bowel movement, though it doesn't always help.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having this problem?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

What is your age and gender?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Customer: Im 24 and I'm male and only for about two/three weeks! I had all this before but it went away for a few months and now it's back again! Seems to be worse when I just wake up! I can differentiate about whether or not it's wind/gas playing a role in this to!
Customer: Can't differentiate *
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you an anxious type of personality?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

How are your bowel movements?

Customer: Yeah I'm about to get conselling for hyppchondria that I asked for myself, I think it's CBT?
Customer: Sometimes their soft and borderline runny, and it can be slightly difficult to poop, only sometimes! Other times it's easy enough!
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Taking into context your entire situation your most likely diagnosis seems to be what is called as irritable bowel syndrome.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you ever heard of that before?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The other possibility that I would like to rule out with the location of your pain i.e. left lower part of the abdomen is diverticulosis.

Customer: Yeah, vexing a hypochondriac I consilt frequently with Dr. Google, and this seems to be popping up a lot along with bowel cancer...
Dr. Shahzad MD :

This can be definitively ruled out by doing a colonoscopy

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So two main possibilities:
IBS
Diverticulosis

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Bowel cancer is not a possibility here

Customer: Thanks very much, you've given me peace of mind for the moment! I'll book an appointment straight away to get checked out!
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest regards