How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Charogat Your Own Question
Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1803
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Charogat is online now

I am a widow aged 86 still in reasonable health but finding

This answer was rated:

I am a widow aged 86 still in reasonable health but finding life difficult living alone in a large house. When my husband was alive we borrowed from an equity release company with the interest rolling up .My son owns & runs a hotel & wants me to be looked after , living in a hotel suite, the only drawback is the equity release company will charge a large early release payment unless a Doctor states that I need long term care, would that be possible when my main problem is loneliness.
Dr. Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming here with your question.

Dr. Charogat :

I think that staying in your son's hotel would be a great solution for your lonelyness.

Dr. Charogat :

Being in a place with lots of people can only be good for you.

Dr. Charogat :

At your age it seems that the doctor should be willing to write a note to that effect.

Dr. Charogat and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
It seems that you are offline.

I'll be leaving the computer now, but will try to chekc- back later to see if you had any further questions.

G-d Bless
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As a Doctor would you be able legally to sign that I need long term care even though at this moment I am not unwell.


1. I'm sorry for the long wait. I have not been able to access the internet until now.

2. Unfortunately there is no way to do that over the internet. Because of your age alone a doctor who you can go see should be able to write that letter for you.

If the reason you came to ask this question was specifically to get a letter from a doctor then you are welcome to call customer service and ask them for a refund.

IF you give me a positive rating please know that you will pay the amount that you said you would.
Please do not give me a negative rating as this is not something that can be done on the internet. (As I said above, you can just call customer service to get your money back).

G-d Bless