How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36097
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have got problem with womb and been struggling to conceive

This answer was rated:

I have got problem with womb and been struggling to conceive and I keep on getting these bad pains on my womb, what can it be
Hi. Can you tell me more about the pain and how long you've had it? Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't seen a doctor

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have any suggestions what might be the problem?

OK but tell me all you can about the pain please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's right on my womb, and it feels like there is something pulling and this pain is being carrying on for a long time, I have seen a doctor, had scans took blood tests and he gave me antibiotics, the pain is still here as it randomly comes n goes, and my biggest issue is that I cannot conceive, and I go on my periods montly, everything is normal but I suspect that this pain maybe affecting my fertility

OK Why the antibiotics--what kind of infection did the doctor suspect?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He said I didn't have an infection at all, he thought that giving me the antibiotics could help as he didn't see anything

OK Sorry for all the questions but is the pain worse around the time of your period?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is, and it's worse through out my periods, I even use neurofens for period pains

OK. I think your problem may be endometriosis which is a problem with uterine tissue being outside the uterus and in places like your ovaries and tubes and sometimes even on your intestines. It can be difficult to diagnose only with blood work and scans and sometimes it takes exploratory laparoscopy to make the diagnosis. It can be treated with hormone therapy and in time that might allow you to conceive. You need to ask your doctor about this or, if you've seen a gynecologist for this, get a second opinion
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So you think I should go for this hormone therapy? Or I just need go for an operation?

Well I think you may need the exploratory laparoscopy to confirm the endometriosis diagnosis but if a doctor suspected that diagnosis he could put you on the hormone therapy first to see if that takes care of the problem
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you