How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

I am concerned with how my breathing is feeling, with sensations

Customer Question

I am concerned with how my breathing is feeling, with sensations of discomfort and tightness in my chest. My GP has said she cannot find anything abnormal but my concern comes as my mother was turned away from her GP with similar complaints and then 4 months later was diagnosed with lung cancer that within a year had taken her life.
Would an x-ray provide any conclusive proof or dismissal of my concerns or is there another test that could? Could these be obtained privately if the NHS is unwilling?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Can you first tell me more specifically what the breathing problem seems to be and how long it's been going on? Is it a constant problem or just from time to time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
David--I will give you an answer but first it would help to know a bit more please. For example, any wheezing? Do you actually get short of breath? Any chest pain?