How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Hi I am 45 yrs old,, been having irregular periods for some

This answer was rated:

Hi I am 45 yrs old,, been having irregular periods for some time now... Over the last 18 months been having great back ache along with heavy periods,,, mood swings which are leaving me mentally drained,and our marriage is at a point of braking up... been trying for ababy for two yrs.. no luck there, my last period now was three months ago,not pregnant, but still getting the bad back ache, mood swings ,tiredness.. etc,,, please help..
This can be menopause at this point.
You need a full OB/gyn exam, as well as the following tests
Sex hormone panel with FSH and shbg
TSH and T4 to check the thyroid.
Am cortisol to check the adrenals.
I suspect this is early in the stage of menopause.
It can be treated, but it is not self help.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok my thoughts exactly,, how do I get my own go to refer me?? As I am at the end of my tether