How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9373
Experience:  MBBS.MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now

I am female and have acquired a few blisters on my genitalia.

This answer was rated:

I am female and have acquired a few blisters on my genitalia. I do think it could be from wearing thermals and waterproof trousers for the last 3 weeks. I have a 5 month old baby and my husband and I have not recently had intercourse. What could I do to relieve and heal them?
If the blisters are really from the friction from the thermals and waterproof trousers and are less than 1 cm in size, then they will clear up spontaneously once you avoid wearing the thermals and air is allowed to circulate around the part. the fluid will be reabsorbed by the body.
If the blisters are painful, it is possible that they are infected. in that case, you will need to consult a doctor for an antibiotic. Meanwhile, you can take Ibuprofen tablets to decrease inflammation.
If the blisters are larger, they may need to be punctured with a sterilized needle. It will be better to get them seen by a doctor.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you