Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am 28 years old. Today I haven't felt like eating at all

I am 28 years old. Today I haven't felt like eating at all and I have sharp pain in the right side of my abdomen it is like a stabbing pain should I be worried
Hi--where exactly is the pain on the right? Have you ever had it before? Any fever or diarrhea?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is in my lower abdomen. Never had it before. I have had a little diarrhoea and I have been feeling cold.
OK. Sorry but I should have asked--are you male or female? And were you feeling fine yesterday?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am female and yesterday I was feeling tired and achy
OK. Of course with right lower quadrant pain the first thought is appendicitis. Since you're female, an ovarian cyst or possibly an ectopic pregnancy--if that's possible for you--are other considerations. With the diarrhea this could just be an intestinal virus that would pass in about three to five days. Since I can't examine you, I have to suggest that you see a doctor about this as soon as possible--much better than waiting to see if it gets better in another day
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean by an ectopic pregnancy please
Well, if there's any chance you might be pregnant and ectopic pregnancy is when the fertilize egg gets stuck in a Fallopian tube. That not only can cause this kind of pain but if it ruptures it can cause an emergency hemorrhaging situation. That's part of why I said you really should see a doctor just as soon as possible.