Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I have irregular bleeding every so often. It has happened after

I have irregular bleeding every so often. It has happened after exercise especially after workouts on the abs. I have had a smear done and nothing detected there. I was just wondering what could cause that?
Hi. How old are you? Have you had your estrogen, progesterone and testosterone levels checked and have you had thyroid function testing? Have you ever had a pelvic ultrasound?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am 34, i have not had the above testing. Pelvic ultraound? what is that? Any ideas to what might cause it

That's the same study as is done to look at the gall bladder and liver using sonic waves. The possibilities here are a direct result of your workouts--frequently athletic women can have spotting or even missed periods--but it could be a problem with a low thyroid condition, polycystic ovarian disorder, or uterine fibroids. The ultrasound would look for the last to possibilities