How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36164
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am a woman of 49 years about a year now I have not been discharging

This answer was rated:

I am a woman of 49 years about a year now I have not been discharging whenever I'm having sex with my hobby, as I always feel dryness,and no odour in my vagina.
What might cause that.Because I always feel sexy and demand sex from my husband which we do make sex alright but I don't discharge.And I'm worried.
Hi. Just to be clear here--in the past you regularly had the equivalent of a male ejaculation from your vagina with orgasms and now that's not happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't understand what you mean.Can you please explain it further?

Well Rosina what did you mean by discharging?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I mean is that,my husband do discharge but I don't during sexual intercourse,because I'm always dry after my husband discharges his sperms in me.

OK I understand. Most likely you are either premenopausal or actually in monopause Rosina. You need to have your estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, FSH, and LH levels checked for that. If that's the case, were you my patient, I'd prescribe bioidentical hormonal creams--estrogen and progesterone--to restore the tissue and the natural lubrication in your vagina.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what do I do now? Do I have to see my GP or what?Because I don't want to lose my husband.

Yes--your GP can both run the tests and prescribe the hormones
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You Very Much,For your contribution and advice,also I will do exactly that.Indeed you are an expert.I will be seeing my GP very soon.

My pleasure Rosina and call on me anytime
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Dr.I will definitely do call you any time I need you.

Take care and try not to worry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But Dr, is there any way I get pregnant at my age?

Still possible, yes, but very unlikely
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So how do I prevent it?

Sorry for the delay. Either with birth control pills or with a condom or with a diaphragm and spermicidal jelly