Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

i have just noticed a very small spot on my penis like a wart.

i have just noticed a very small spot on my penis like a wart. IT is painless. I have had contact with the skin of someone who is not my partner,buy not intercourse. Could this be herpes or genital warts
Hi--would it be possible for you to post a photo on this page? If that's not possible can you describe this in detail?
Just use reply to expert to respond John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is only one spot. It is halfway up my penis.It is very small and has no colour. like a pimple

Sorry for the delay John. In that case it doesn't sound at all like herpes or a venereal wart. Most likely it's what's called a Fordyce spot which is a benign cyst that is not an infection and not cancerous. These usually disappear on their own in a few days to maybe two weeks. Since I can't see it it would be a good idea to have your doctor look but there's really no need for concern