How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36160
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

i have just noticed a very small spot on my penis like a wart.

This answer was rated:

i have just noticed a very small spot on my penis like a wart. IT is painless. I have had contact with the skin of someone who is not my partner,buy not intercourse. Could this be herpes or genital warts
Hi--would it be possible for you to post a photo on this page? If that's not possible can you describe this in detail?
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Just use reply to expert to respond John
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is only one spot. It is halfway up my penis.It is very small and has no colour. like a pimple

Sorry for the delay John. In that case it doesn't sound at all like herpes or a venereal wart. Most likely it's what's called a Fordyce spot which is a benign cyst that is not an infection and not cancerous. These usually disappear on their own in a few days to maybe two weeks. Since I can't see it it would be a good idea to have your doctor look but there's really no need for concern