How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8751
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now

Hi, I need some advice on the following. Yesterday I noticed

This answer was rated:

Hi, I need some advice on the following.
Yesterday I noticed what looked like a bruise on top of my hand in middle. I couldnt remember hurting it but didnt think anything of it. Today my hand feels numb and strange to move, kinda stiff.
Any ideas?
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. By bruising do you mean just painful or did you see any discolouration of skin at that area? Is there swelling there? Any other symp***** *****ke fever etc? Any diagnosed medical problem? Anything you have tried so far? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its just something that looks like a bruise. Typical discolouration. No pain or injury to hand at all

No fever or anything else. I have recently been diagnosed with chronic daily migraines and did have some numbness in my hands and feet prior to this which was never explaines despite xrays, mri etc

Debbie thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There can be few possible causes. It can be an unnoticed trauma which has caused the bruising or it can be some sort of bite. These are the two most likely possibilities. Anything else like blood clots etc don't arise from that location so there is no need to worry as such. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can give a try to over the counter available tab aleve or advil. Moreover you can apply over the counter available 1% hydrocortisone cream. If all this helps you in next 6 hours, you can continue both of them twice daily. If this persist or worsen then visit emergency room as you may need a shot of steroid after an evaluation. However there is nothing to worry as such about any serious illness. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Dr. Hasan and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you