How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49154
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I'm unsure about how to word this, so please forgive me for

This answer was rated:

I'm unsure about how to word this, so please forgive me for the crude nature of the question, but I will need to explain it fully. First of all, I masturbate, mostly daily, but sometimes maybe once every 2 or 3 days. If I don't do this, sometimes after a few days, I will feel a swelling in the tube that attaches to my testicles.
It doesn't cause pain, as such, rather just general discomfort. The tubes (sorry, I don't know the technical term, are tender to the touch for this time and I almost experience a strange bloated feeling, but not from my stomach, but further down, as in possibly my rectum. I have found that pooing or simply masturbating, helps alleviate the discomfort so I am back to normal.
This has gone on for as long as I can remember and, while I know it's probably not 'normal' I've been convinced it's simply not that big of an issue from a medical standpoint. The reason I am seeking advice now is about two weeks ago, I had the same feeling described above, but after doing the usual to try and get the relief, it didn't go away.
I had used the bathroom twice and had resorted to masturbating at least three times in a single day. This went on for about three days, but thankfully, I ended up back to 'normal', or as normal as I can be. I'm convinced it could be something to do with my prostate, but any attempts to find out any idea of what it can be online have failed to bring up any helpful results.
I know the standard response is "just go see your doctor", and I think, had the above carried on for much longer, I would have been there like a shot, but with things getting back to the way they are usually, I don't want to have to visit the Doctors unless I absolutely HAVE to ie this could be something like-threatening. Firstly, I'm curious to know whether this is a common medical problem that comes up in adult males (I'm 28)? Am I right in my theory that it may be linked to my prostate? What could be the cause of this?
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

it can be normal for you to have swelling or congestion of your spermatic duct to fill with sperm in 2-3 days if you don't masturbate.

Dr. David :

this situation is not related to your prostate gland.

Dr. David :

congestion of your spermatic duct can also be sometimes called "blue balls" when you can have some fullness of this area.

Dr. David :

this is not dangerous or a problem.

Dr. David and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you