How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19335
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

Hello For a couple of months I have been itching constantly

This answer was rated:

For a couple of months I have been itching constantly including my head
I am itchy on my calves and shins also my forearms and head I am also starting to get itchy on the back
I have used derbac M three times and also used permethrin, in case it is scabies or flees, though I did not use on my head. I washed all my clothes, towels and bed linen
I did this as I had a massage a couple of months ago. It is not sexually transmitted as I have not had sex for over 2 years and this includes no sex with my partner
There are raised spots on my head, and starting over my skin and they are getting more itchy each day though there are some days immediately after applying the derbacM when the itching stops but then 3 days starts later
I have two dogs who also itch one more than the other bit the vet has checked them for flees and they are clear. What could this be and how can I treat it.
I do not have a doctor to see
Your help would be appreciated
Kind regards
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am sorry that you have been suffering from this.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Are these spots visible or are they only bumps that can be felt?
If they are visible, can you take a picture and attach the picture using the icon that looks like a paper clip?
Do you have any chronic medical conditions?
Are you taking any chronic medicines?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response
The spots are visible they are small red spots I have taken photos but on my phone so will need an email to attach address so I can send it to you I am using my phone to reply to you
Do you have an email address
I am HIV and taking regular medication which I have been taking for many years the medication I related only to this
I am fit with good blood results
I will send you an email with the photos once you let me have an email address
My email is *****@******.***
JustAnswer rules preclude the use of personal e-mails, and will block these e-mails if posted, including the e-mail that you attempted to post.

The fastest method for communicating a picture is by attachment, which is described in detail at However, in the situations in which the pictures must be sent by e-mail, it will need to be sent to the general justanswer e-mail, which is included on the same page, and the picture will be forwarded to me. This latter process, though will take longer. If it must be done by this method, then it must be accepted that it will take longer, but the attachment method will happen more quickly if you can use an internet access other than your phone.

If you do send it to the general justanswer e-mail, let me know when it is done, so that I know when to be looking for it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The icons on this link are not in the reply box as indicated in the response button
As I have said I am using my phone (iPhone)
I have even tried via the office PC and there are no icons to attach a photo
You can send it to the justanswer e-mail, [email protected], and it will be forwarded to me. Another alternative would be to post the picture at a third party file sharing site.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have just sent the pictures to you to the support email
I have put in the subject line 'photos requested by Dr D Love'
Very good. I will respond again once I have been forwarded the pictures.
Thank you for your patience. I have been forwarded the images.

With the appearance on these pictures, the transient improvement with Derbac-M, and the fact that your dogs also appears to be affected, this is most worrisome for scabies.

With the failure of the medicines that have been tried, the usual next medicine to use for scabies would be Ivermectin.Ivermectin is available in both topical and oral forms, and in someone with more widespread disease, the oral form may be preferred.

In someone with persistent symptoms, there also should be consideration of other conditions that can cause diffuse itching, and particularly should involve checking blood tests of liver and kidney function, if not done recently.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Dr. D. Love and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I get Ivermectin from the Pharmacy without prescription ?
Ivermectin for human use is not available over the counter, although there are some formulations for pets that is available over the counter.