Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I am patient of CA Ovary since 2008 and 2 surgeries and 3 recurrences.

I am patient of CA Ovary since 2008 and 2 surgeries and 3 recurrences. My last chemo was in Feb 2014. I am symptom free but since yesterday i have swelling in my right leg and foot. My Dr. says they are treating it as infection or DVT.
Please advise.
Hi. Any pain or skin change color with this? Did your doctor get a Doppler venous study of the leg to look for a clot in a deep vein?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the Dr has asked for Doppler test. No pain or change in skin clor

OK Beena--can I ask what your question is about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Dr. I am only hoping that this has nothing to do with my cancer

OK Beena--no--this isn't related to your cancer--nothing that happens that quickly would in any way be related to cancer but you need the ultrasound as quickly as possible because this sounds like a DVT and if so you need to be placed on blood thinners right away