How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I need a Diabetic specialist

This answer was rated:

I need a Diabetic specialist
What is your question?
What type of diabetes do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Type 2 since 2002. I am in Dubai and my Dr changed my medication 2 weeks ago and now seems out of control , BG reading under American system is at first thing in the morning when I wake up over the mast week ;

Sunday 289, Monday 302, Tuesday 328, Wednesday 334, Thursday 409, Friday 488. Have been very carefull to day but can not get it under 400.

Thank you

Yes, those are high and you should see your doctor.
Sometimes hidden infection can cause this.
Sometimes not enough medication.
What medication are you on at what dose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Changed after having very cold feet at night . Dr put me on he following medication after 10 years being on another type.

Exforge 10 G 1 a day

Livazo 2g 1 a day

kombiglyze 5mg/1000mg 1 a day

Was on previousley

Balamyn SR 1,000MG 2 a day

Ramipril 10 mg 1 a day

Diamicron 60 MF 2 a day

Asotvastain40 mg 1 a day

Amiodipine 5 mg 1 a day

What is your height and weight?
I think you mean milligrams by the way, not grams
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My height is 5 feet 11 inches. My weight is down to 105KG . It used to be 135 KG but have brought it down over 4 years by using Victoza injection each morning but has stabilized over the last 6 months at 105KG.


this is still dangerously obese, and it is a main reason you are so insulin resistant.
Have you had your thyroid checked: if so, what was the TSH?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not had my Thyroid checked , could this be causing a problem ?

Also would you suggest I carry on I with the new medication or revert back to my old one ?

Yes, if you are hypothyroid, you are not going to lose weight, and it is fairly common, and under diagnosed.
I would suggest you see your doctor immediately, reverting to the old medication will not solve a hidden infection problem.
If your doctor agrees after examining you yes.
You really should see an endocrinologist at this point.
and with sugars 400 plus, you should be examined today, and maybe briefly hospitalized, depending.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think changing the medication has resulted in these high figures , are the medications before and after equal in their effectiveness.

Also could the cold in my feet be related to this and is there anything I can do . They feel freezing cold at night and have to get up the pain is so bad. Can I take anything for this or will the pain go when the readings come down,

Thank you,


I can not say that it was changing the medicines.
Cold feet is related to circulation, and you need an ultrasound of the legs to look at the arteries, to make sure there is adequate blood flow.
Weight loss and exercise and controlling blood sugar is essential.
You are welcome.
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you