How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35529
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

, I wish to fly my mother into London from overseas. She

Customer Question

, I wish to fly my mother into London from overseas. She is in her 70s and currently has symptoms of depression as well as dementia. I would like to have her assessed and put on a management/care plan. Could you please advise where I could have her taken on January 25th or 26th?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
--where is she now and does she have a doctor where she is located?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She is in Nigeria and has a doctor but we want her assessed in the UK.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--but first have you asked her doctor about transferring her care to the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. She will not be transferred totally. She still resides in Nigeria. We just want an assessment and a plan to be made .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--can you tell me what the clinics meant by having her registered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not sure what that means in the UK. I suppose it means opening a file and getting her onto their database/system.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. I understand. So basically you need a GP in London that will accept her as a patient?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, one who is particularly good at assessing patients who have depression and dementia. It appears that she became very depressed after someone told her she has alzheimer's. I would like proper neurological tests and possibly brain scans to confirm whether it is that serious, and particularly to get a management plan depression.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--I understand. All I can do though is give you my recommendations as to the physician or physicians you can contact. Will that be enough ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, please. I would like to know what is possible to get a thorough evaluation and advise that we can take back to Nigeria where she resides and has to be managed.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK--here's a link. This is the best facility in the London area and you just need to call the Department of Neurology to arrange all that