How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Amita Your Own Question
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2127
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Amita is online now

I have noises in my ear and had it time now but sometimes

This answer was rated:

I have noises in my ear and had it time now but sometimes it gets stronger and then I feel dizzy and unsteady. It seems to happen more often now and like to know if there is something I can do about.

I am Dr.Amita and I would be glad to assist you today.

The symptoms may indicate early stages of a disorder known as Meniere's disease.

Underlying cause of this disease is not entirely clear but fluid imbalance in the ear is supposed to be responsible in some way.

Certain medicines like Meclizine or Diazepam may help decrease the symptoms at times of episodes but you will require proper investigation and treatment by an ENT specialist to diagnose and treat the condition.

I would be glad to assist you further in the matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you suggest I see my GP who can send me on to a specialist? I had noises in my ear very long time and I thought it was because I do fly frequently and thought it was airpressure. I also had the dizzy spells before and then they stopped but now it is more frequent. I worries me a bit to go out. I always hear noises especially at night.

Yes.I would suggest that you see your GP and get a referral to a specialist.

You are having episodes of tinnitus ( noises in ear) and vertigo ( feeling dizzy) which are features of Meniere's disease and therefore this needs to be ruled or treated.
Dr.Amita and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you