Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I had a white discharge few weeks & treated it with canestan

I had a white discharge few weeks & treated it with canestan pessary but no improvement. The discharge is now thicker and greenish! I am really worried now. I am 52 in early menopause & had endometriosis. What could this be?
. Any burning or itching with this? And I assume you haven't seen a doctor about this as yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No itching and no GO seen yet

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any advice ?

OK Fidelma. No need here. There are two possibilities here--you may have a yeast infection that is resistant to the clortimazole in the pessary and in that case you'd need oral Diflucan problem. The other possibility is that this is a bacterial vaginosis infection and that may take metronidazole cream to eradicate. At this point you could try some oral lactobacillus probiotics but it would be best to see your doctor exam and culture so that the proper treatment can be administered