How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35560
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

my grandaughter has been living with her partner years

Customer Question

my grandaughter has been living with her partner years and is due to give birth to her 3rd child in june. This will put extra pressure on the relationship and they do not want any further children. She is under 25 and because of this is being told that she cannot be sterilisied after the birth. They both want this to be carried out but because they are not married are told that sterilisation cannot be carried out although that is her wieh. She has a double womb. Please advise
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
--just here--who told her she couldn't be sterilized? And is there a reason she can't be on a contraceptive pill or device?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

her doctor because she is under 25. Pills or devices dont work and she has had several miscarriages

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. We can continue after this but there are two options here. She can speak to one or two other gynecologists because there are those who would sterilize her even at her age. The other option would be partner to get a vasectomy of two of them to perform protected sex with a condom, vaginal diaphragm, and spermicidal jelly.