How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36101
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am a 73 yr.old male with an benign enlarged prostate, the

This answer was rated:

I am a 73 yr.old male with an benign enlarged prostate, the tablets I am now taking are Finasteride and Tamsulosin they both have the effect of lowering my labido and shrinking the prostate, unfortunately they also shrink other parts of my anatomy and I am unable to have a proper erection. Up until I started to take these tablets I enjoyed a full sexual life but now I can't.
Is there any way that I can improve my erection, possibly alernative medicines, without compromising my condition?
Hi--can you tell me exactly what the problem is with your erection? And have you discussed this with your doctor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The erection is too small and not hard enough, no I have not discussed his with my doctor

OK Paul. I'll give you three suggestions for herbal supplements that could help but you should discuss them with your doctor and get your testosterone levels checked first. The three supplements are
Rhodiola rosea
tongkat ali
red Panax ginseng
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you