How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36660
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

How can i get help son 37yrs who has been diagnosed

This answer was rated:

How can i get help for my son 37yrs who has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality disorder.Has been unwell depression for 6 yrs, has seen a number of health professionals,but has never had one to one therapy. For past year has been well, no depression,was recovering well.was happy.Has now relapsed ,not actually in a depression.Has had a lot to deal with in this past year,death of best friend, finding a job.He lost his job at Christmas ,is finding it very hard.He has lost faith in doctors,and the mental health team. He originally had a dual diagnosis, canabis. stopped 6months ago.I feel now would be the time for him to one to one.Who would be the best person to see.
Hi. Since you say he's never had one on one therapy, does that mean he's never seen a psychiatrist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Has seen psychiatric nurse for a short period

OK--is he willing to see a psychiatrist and if so where exactly does he live?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He would be willing Bournemouth

OK. We can continue after this if you'd like but it seems to me he definitely needs an individual one-on-one therapist so I suggest he call this facility
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you