How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

HiIm 40yr old woman. My problem is im very very itchy in

This answer was rated:

Im 40yr old woman. My problem is im very very itchy in my vaginal area. I mean so itchy im.nearly tearing the skin. I thought i might be goin threw the change but my gp took bloods and says no. Im single and dont sleep around so im fairly sure it not an sti. It can also be a little burning. But ive looked down there and everything looks ok. I also have bad over active bladder. I feel like im falling apart in that area. Please help
It sounds like a yeast infection.
Where you tested for infection?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i havent

Most typically this would be yeast infection.
One would use an over the counter vaginal yeast cream.
However, other infections can cause itching as well, garnerella for example, which would need a different medication.
Your GP should have at least swabbed secretions and checked for yeast.
You certainly could tell him/her you are going to try cream for a yeast infection, and go from there.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you