How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr prabir kumar das Your Own Question
dr prabir kumar das
dr prabir kumar das, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1889
Experience:  MBBS,MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
dr prabir kumar das is online now

I have a constant high pitched ringing buzz in both ears. I

This answer was rated:

I have a constant high pitched ringing buzz in both ears. I have been to the doctors and he states this is Tinnitus. However i have not exposed my ears to anything such as a constant loud music. What causes this, is there anyway i can try and settle the condition? If i am busy i can distract myself from the constant buzzing however it is always there and it never stops it is particular bothersome at night when i am trying to get to sleep. However when i was younger i never recall this high pitched ringing noise, so i am not sure what has caused it?
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for coming back to me.

Unfortunately i do still require further information on this topic, so i am hoping you can please help me out.

I wish to continue waiting for a response, could you please try to expedite this so i could get a response urgently.

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Thank you for your patience,
From your description it seems to be catastrophic type of tinitus you are having with.
It is very difficult to find out the exact cause of tinitus as there are so many causes other than loud sound or music hearing.
The causes are
ear problems and hearing loss:
conductive hearing loss
external ear infection
acoustic shock
loud noise or music
cerumen (earwax) impaction
middle ear effusion
superior canal dehiscence
sensorineural hearing loss
excessive or loud noise
presbycusis (age-associated hearing loss)
Ménière's disease
acoustic neuroma
mercury or lead poisoning
ototoxic medications
neurological disorders:
Arnold–Chiari malformation
multiple sclerosis
head injury
skull fracture
closed head injury
whiplash injury
temporomandibular joint dysfunction
giant cell arteritis
metabolic disorders:
thyroid disease
vitamin B12 deficiency
iron deficiency anemia
psychiatric disorders:
tension myositis syndrome
hypertonic (muscle tension)
thoracic outlet syndrome
Lyme disease
sleep paralysis
glomus tympanicum tumor
So you can understand how difficult it is to find out the exact cause.
Regarding treatment If there is an underlying cause, treating it may lead to improvements.
Otherwise the primary treatment for tinnitus is talk therapy and sound with there being little support for medications.
Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am disappointed in your conduct that you are requesting a further payment for information. The payment i set was to answer my question fully, i am very unhappy with your conduct. This is not the conduct of an ethical and honest doctor.

What do you feel i should do now to get a diagnosis? What specialist do you feel i should be referred to in getting the appropriate diagnosis and treatment?

In the UK we have to see our GP first, so if you recommend a specialist i will be able to show them your comments to get referred faster. I hope you can answer this small query without a further payment.

I am not requesting for further payment.You just got an option for extra service by which you can get extra service like you can contact me by phone, by skype video call and you may contact to my personal mail id for a indefinite period with some other question.For this question you have not to pay any extra.Anyway it was not my intention to make you angry regarding payment option.I am really sorry for it.
Now come to the points
As per your original question you wanted to know what causes it and how you get rid of this problem.
I already mentioned that the exact etiology of this condition is not easy to find out or nearly impossible if you are not so fortunate and in most cases we have to treat or rather manage this case sympathetically, not the etiology.Still you must see a GP for general examination and investigation and to be referred to specialist as per GP's advice.
Thanks again
You can ask more question if you have without extra payment.
Don't misunderstand me.
Please rate positively if you are satisfied by my information.
dr prabir kumar das, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1889
Experience: MBBS,MD
dr prabir kumar das and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you