How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr prabir kumar das Your Own Question
dr prabir kumar das
dr prabir kumar das, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1889
Experience:  MBBS,MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
dr prabir kumar das is online now

I have had abdominal pain months, mainly right sided

This answer was rated:

I have had abdominal pain for 9 months, mainly right sided from middle of abdomen right down to my ovaries and around to my side near my kidneys.
The nature of pain you described is loin to groin and in this type of pain usually arise from kidney or ureteric stone.
Stone shadow may not be identified by USG and straight X ray of KUB (kidney ureter and bladder) after proper bowel preparation can detect any stone is present.
So I think go for a KUB X ray for diagnosis.
Thank you
dr prabir kumar das and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you