How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35528
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am 72 year old Finish woman ,who has been living in England

This answer was rated:

I am 72 year old Finish woman ,who has been living in England for 47 yeas . When I was 15 I suddenly seemed to have lost my identity and became totally detached from the "normal" life. When I was 18 I wrote to a famous Finnish psychiatrist ,who wrote to me "that I was urgent need of help". Unfortunately I never dared to tell anybody about my problems and relied on alcohol ,traqualizers and sleeping tablets (the medication wasprescribed by my GP). Now I would like to know if its too late to receive help from a psychiatrist?? Ulla,DOVER KENT ENGLAND
Hi and sorry for the delay. Can you please tell me what exactly your problem is now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well I have been existing now for 55 years in terrific panic attacks. my memory ii very nebulous .my family tells me about my childhood and youth ,but I very often can't remember any of it.

OK Ulla, and we can continue after this if you'd like. No, it isn't at all too late for you to see a psychiatrist. It sounds as though you may need both psychoanalytic therapy sessions and perhaps medication for this. Given time and the proper therapy, you can get over this
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you