How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35549
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I kissed where there was a possible exchange of saliva. I

This answer was rated:

I kissed where there was a possible exchange of saliva. I had an ulcer at the back of my mouth which had been present for 48 hours or so. It was not bleeding at all and was as a result of a tooth abrasion. Have I put myself at risk of any type of infection?

Hi. We can continue after this but first off, absolutely no chance of HIV or hepatitis infection. There would be a small chance of herpes, chlamydia, or gonorrhea but unless you start getting whitish exudate at the back of your throat or blisters inside your mouth there really should be nothing to worry about

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Are there any other symptoms to look out for? Is the small chance very small? The kiss was between two men if that makes any difference to the chances of a problem.

Very small chance at all. No other symptoms you need to look out for Dan an really I think you're fine. No difference about its being two men
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was the ulcer that concerned me. Would you recommend getting checked out or just forget about it? The incident only occured at the weekend so I presume there would be no symptoms anyway at this stage.

I really don't think you need checking out for now Dan. If by chance you start getting any other symptoms in your mouth or throat besides the ulcer then see a doctor
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you