Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

my left testicle seems like it has been falling to the side

my left testicle seems like it has been falling to the side out of place and even looked asif it went unto my bottom part of my stomach at one stage can you please help
Hi--can you tell me more about this please? Are you saying that at times it's no longer detectable in your scrotum?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it feels like it drops slightly to the side , i can still see and feel it and earlier it felt like it actually went up to the bottom of my stomach , i could see it and pushed it back ? its not in normal position and perfectly visible but obviously there is something wrong here and it did feel like it dropped to the side yesterday a bit swell

OK Joe--any pain involved with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no no pain

OK Joe--two things here. You may have what's called an indirect hernia that is allowing the testicle to do what you've described. This other possibility is that the testicle has lost it's tether to the inside of the scrotum and is basically floating free. The danger with that would be torsion where it twists around and compromises its blood flow. You need to see a urologist about this for an exam and an ultrasound of the scrotum. If it's a tethering problem, there's a simple operation to tack it back down. If it's a hernia then that needs to be repaired