How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35493
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

My partner had a femoral pass operation two years ago and

This answer was rated:

My partner had a femoral bi pass operation two years ago and 2 month ago he had a clot in the cross over tube. Which ended in him having to have another operation this time the surgeon opened either side of my partners leg saying it had to swell before they could close it
The issues now are that leg wounds are not healing and have become infected they have now got blisters on them they are dressed every other day the nursing staff say they have not seen this before on an open wound and are struggling to cope
This is getting my partner down depressed bad tempered
He will not go to see the surgeon has he has lost trust in him
Please can you suggest anything or whe can we go for help
Mrs h

Hi. Sorry to hear about all this. Is he being seen by both an infectious disease specialist and a wound management physician?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He is only being treated by our local G.p
Surgery nurses and has been to see the surgeon for is 5 week check . He wants to see him in 5 more weeks saying it will take a long time to heal
And is he getting antibiotics for this? Do you know exactly what the dressings consist of Valerie?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes he is on a corset of antibiotics the dressing did have to be ordered in as it is not generally used sorry cannot remember the name something gel I think
OK Valerie--and we can continue beyond this if you'd like. At this point he needs supervision by both an infectious disease specialist and a wound specialist. He may even need to see a second surgeon for debridement of the wounds. This is a serious complication that he's having and it's beyond the capabilities of his GP and the surgery nurses to care for it. He needs to ask his GP to bring in these specialist to manage his care as soon as possible
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you