Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

i noticed my vagina was incredibly sore on the left side

Hi i noticed my vagina was incredibly sore on the left side by my clitoris, i checked it and noticed a lump and have little bleeding, its very sore and unusual. I also have been noticing pain for a few weeks when trying to have sex or insert a tampon on my last period so had to return to pads which i didnt want to do as could irritate it. Please help this is worrying!
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
any chance of STD?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I only have sex with my partner and we are both clean. I was sexually assaulted last June but was checked and nothing noticed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi it keeps coming up saying you want to offer me this service but when I click view now nothing comes up.
is it right inside the lip on one side?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it's on the left hand side, on the inner side it's very red, swollen around the lump and painful, it's not in a crease it's just on the inner lip by my clitoris
okay this is likely an infected cyst or gland. probably a bartholin gland
apply a warm compress. It can help get the infection out
you need to see a doctor ASAP and have it drained
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)