How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36115
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
This answer was rated:

my 23 year old daughter, who is type 1 insulin dependant diabetic,

was diagnosed with Necrobiosis Lipoidica... Show More
was diagnosed with Necrobiosis Lipoidica some 8 years ago. Since then it has spread to both shins, with several large lesions on both legs and it remains active. Treatment by the NHS has been somewhat haphazard and steroid creams prescribed have not had any beneficial effect.
We are desperate to do something to help control, if not cure, this distressing condition before it gets even worse.
is there any homeopathic or alternative approach which has any proven success?
We live in SW London
I look to your comments
mrs R Page
Show Less
Ask Your Own Medical Question

Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but there are other treatments

Tacrolimus cream

Application of bovine collagen

Ultraviolet light therapy

Laser therapy

You need to ask her doctors about these alternative therapies

Any other information you need Ros?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

thank you for sending the list of alternative treatments for my daughter's necrobiosis.

What are the success rates for these and I also asked if you could recommend any homeopathic or alternative remedies which have been successful.

Can you find out who is doing any leading research into this condition so I can make contact to find out more. We are willing to travel to consult with a physician who may be able to assist in treating or even going some way towards finding a cure.

I replied to you on the new pag Ros
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

I seem to be unable to download your reply from the new page. can I ask you to re-send it to this page please?

many thanks.

No problem. but first where does you daughter live and what's the nearest large city?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

We live in SW London. Nearest large hospital wher she has already been treated is St Georges Hospital, London SW17.

And who were the doctors that treated her there--their specialties?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

She was a patient at the Dermatology Dept and was seen by one of their Consultants.

We have also consulted a senior Dermatologist on a private basis but no further treatment solutions were offered.

OK--the treatments I mentioned have a good chance of working for her. As to whom for her to see next, here's a link for you--this physician has published papers about necrobiosis

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

thank you, ***** ***** most useful and I will follow up with Dr Tidman.

Did anything come up on the homeopathic/alternative medicine side?

As far as homeopathic medicine Ros--she would really need to see a classically trained homeopathic MD for a full evaluation. There are no supplements that would help with this