How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask karel sleis Your Own Question
karel sleis
karel sleis, respiratory therapist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 565
Experience:  over 20 years as a certified respiratory therapist in 1994
Type Your Medical Question Here...
karel sleis is online now

I am a 31 year old male I'm suffering from spinal pain in middle

Customer Question

I am a 31 year old male I'm suffering from spinal pain in middle and upper back which is worse in morning and I struggle to sleep it's been like this for few months if I tense my spin the pain is unbearable please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  karel sleis replied 2 years ago.
You might want to make an appointment with a pain management physician . You will most probably need a MRI. This is a specialized test to see exactly if you have any pinched nerves or what is exactly going on. Most probably you would need a steroid injection in the spine. This is a very simple procedure. The pain management physician would be the one the one to administer this. For pain now you might want to try some over the counter anti inflammatory medication such as aleve or Naprosyn. Usually they are 200mg. a pill. However if you take 3 of them, this would be 600mg. every 8 hrs. It is great for anti inflammatory condition/pain. I also would recommend lying on either a heating pad or an ice bag . Usually ice works better. However each individual is different.