How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

My wife is a long term anorectic who is having chest pains

This answer was rated:

My wife is a long term anorectic who is having chest pains no energy swollen face. Long history of takings enology. I am really worried and want to see a specialist tomorrow. Do I take her to a cardiologist and if so how can I find one that understands the long term effects of anorexia please. I am very happy to pay privately and we are in central London. She is still in denial about the food issues but has been in recovery for alcohol and other substance abuse. I am pretty desperate and very worried.
Many thanks
Chest pains for any reason need an EKG now.
Not waiting.
You should take her to the ER now, and if she is OK, then arrange to see the specialist they recommend, based on exam and testing.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you