How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35604
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

i have a t11 spine fracture and am at heartlands hospital,

This answer was rated:

i have a t11 spine fracture and am at heartlands hospital, i have asked to be transffered to the queen elizabeth as they have a spinal unit but the docter said they wont except me can i move myself
Hi--are you asking if somehow you can transport yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i want the hospital to send me the a more specialized unit but the docter said there is no need as they are talking to the unit for advice, but i dont feel i am getting the right care on this ward

I understand David but what exactly is your question about this? And what kind of doctor is supervising your care?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its the ortopedicts team and they said i cant just move to another hospital . i want to know if i can insist on a transfer

OK--yes you can David. That is definitely your right and if there is a problem you should talk to the hospital administrator and register a complaint
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou the ward i am on have little staffing and i cannot move, i press the bell and no one comes so i end up in pain and soiling my bed and when they have to clean me the pain is terrible, i will ask my daughter to request to see the hospital adminastrator , can the other hospital refuse to take me as the docter said they would

I don't think there'll be a problem with the other hospital accepting you David--your doctor is just tell you that so you won't raise a stink
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you