How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 59104
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

, this is dad really. He has been to the doctor numerous

This answer was rated:

Hi, this is for my dad really. He has been to the doctor numerous times and seen various specialists ... he is 72 and has been fit all his life. He has had a cancerous growth removed from his lip but the problems started way before then. Sometime last year. He is far less fit than he is and tires quickly. I am basically wanting to know if there is a specialist place / doctor etc I can go to in London maybe who deals with general well-being, lots of experience etc ... he has been privately to Goring Hall but people are just hitting a brick wall ... many thanks
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
you're welcome
The correct doctor in the U.S. would be an internist. We are basically adult doctors that are trained in dealing with complex problems
In the UK, that would have to be someone like that.
Does he take any medicine or have any known problems?
has he had his heart or lungs checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr Phil

He takes blood pressure tablets and he has emphasyma (sorry about spelling) ... it isn't very bad, probably in early stages but he still smokes and has a hacking cough sometimes ... his lungs, apart from the emphasyma are clear, his heart is fine and has been tested for diabetes which is fine ... he is a light drinker.

Thanks Mitch.
I think all of this is probably related to progressive emphysema
He should see a pulmonologist or a lung doctor and quit smoking
Also, I would check on thyroid and anemia. This is simple blood work and is commonly off in the elderly
Dr. Phil, MD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)