How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48705
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Do you know of any specialists in digeorge syndrome in Eng

This answer was rated:

Do you know of any specialists in digeorge syndrome in England
This is Dr. David

here is good information

are you looking for a heart surgeon or a genetics counselor?

what type of specialist are you looking for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Looking for someone who knows about the syndrome, how to manage some of her symptoms as as the moment she is being admitted to hospital regularly due to sickness and dehydration. She also had a seizure although her calcium was ok.
this is a very rare syndrome

most doctors will not have experience with it

there might be specialist like heart specialist or genetic specialist who know about the syndrome

but these specialist may not be taking care of the patient for routine hospitalizations and management of symptoms.

so as you can see, I'm sure you understand this difficult situation.

seizure issues should be evaluated by a neurologist who can treat seizures and recommend antiseizure medication.

dehydration is a common medical issue

is she on antiseizure medication? has she seen a neurologist?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She was prescribed an epilepsy drug but she has only had one seizure so we want to wait until she she's a neurologist in the next month or so. I have also arranged a private consultation with an endocrinologist. Do you think there is anything else I should be doing?
endocrinologist is a good idea

they can check the calcium levels and parathyroid hormone levels

she needs to see a cardiologist as well and get heart evaluation.

heart deficits can occur in Digeorge syndrome as well

she might need speach therapy and physical therapy and phychotherapy as well

best of luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using
Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you