Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

I had a knee replacement operation on the 10th April this year,

I had a knee replacement operation on the 10th April this year, three days after the op,
I tore a calf muscle, which has caused a haematoma. The knee, leg & foot are all
swollen so I am finding it impossible to exercise, my Physiotherapist and specialist have
said it is alright for me to use a CPM machine. I am finding that using this machine is
causing a lot of pain in my calf. As I cannot contact my physiotherapist until Monday, I
would like your advice as to whether it is safe to carry on using it.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
I am sorry you are having so much trouble
I think you should absolutely STOP using the machine.
Good physio never causes pain. Maybe a little stretch or discomfort but not pain.
stop using it and contact your physio on monday.