How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49171
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I fractured my tibia plateau (type 2 break) four years

This answer was rated:

Hello, I fractured my tibia plateau (type 2 break) four years ago and although the fracture has healed it has caused me lots of problems since the injury. I have aches and pains in my muscles which originated in my knee and hip and has gradually over the years moved across my body. I know suffer with pain and stiffness in my knee, hip, arms, back and fingers. The pain is on both sides of my body at the same time. The joints/muscles can get stiff and painful but they do not swell. Also, for the past 8 months i have been suffering with stomach pain and diahrea and nausea. Could this be related? I went to see my GP three years ago who said i had arthritis but he didn't carry out any tests and offered no follow up treatment/consultation.
This is Dr. David

your GP should carry out some testing

he should check you for jeuvenile rheumatoid arthritis

and test for rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies and other autoimmune factors such as ANA (anti nuclear antibodies), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and others.

some patients who have an autoimmun disorder can also have stomach pains and nausea and diarrhea as well

you might need stool testing and colonoscopy testing to check for conditions such as celiac spruce disorder (which is a gluten allergy ) which can cause you diarrhea and cramp symptoms.

if your GP doctor won't test you for these, you might have to go to a private doctor in the uk, like a rheumatologist or a GI doctor and get more testing

let me know if you have questions.
Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I have been tested for rheumatoid arthritis but the results came back negative. The only thing which came up on my blood tests was that i am Vitamin D deficient.

But in the last two months my arthritus symptoms have got alot worse. I'm exhausted 24/7 and somedays find it hard doing normal everyday things.

My neck and shoulders froze one morning which was VERY painful and took about 2 and half months to get better but since then i have been having bad neck pains in the mornings and evenings.

During this time, i developed a small swollen lymph node under my jaw which took several months to go away.

Could it still be rheumatoid arthritus?

not if your RA test was negative

you should see a rheumatologist for more testing.

you could have mono viral infection

and you need your thyroid levels checked and CPK creatinine phosphokinase levels checked to look for myositis.