How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

On the bottom right hand of my ribcage and into my side

This answer was rated:

On the bottom right hand of my ribcage and into my side I have had discomfort feels like muscle strain but taking Ibuprofen does not appear to help would a cortozone injection improve things T he discomfort is not there all the time and some times when I take a deep breath I feel it,though I still think its a muscle/ligament problem. it has been there for a while but appears worse now I am going to the gym regularly
I am 63 year old male and a stone or so overweight.
What do you think?
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Probably you are right about the muscle strain.
yes cortizone or steroid injection will help i that case.
However you should also consider other possibilities.
Liver problem, gallbladder problem, lung fibrosis can cause this type of pain sometimes.
However given that the symptoms is not prsent lways and you do not have any cough, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, this is not liekly serious.
You can also conside chiropractic therapy which may also help with cortizone shot.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5 stars).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
Dr Basu and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you