How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now

Need some advice - Had oral sex (giving - female)

This answer was rated:

Need some advice - Had oral sex (giving - female) for about 5 seconds with prostitute 4 days ago in a drunken state when I stopped. Should I get checked out for STD? If so how long do I wait?
Hello,Welcome to and thank you for your question. I can understand your concern. Well, Oral sex can lead to the transmission of sexually transmitted infections.The most common STD transmitted via oral sex is herpes.Other common STD which spread when a person by this way are--Gonorrhea-Syphilis-Chlamydia -Hepatitis A, B, C.Transmission of HIV through oral sex is less common. The linings of the mouth and throat are very resistant to viral infections such as HIV, so infection is unlikely.Yes, you should be checked for STD. The time between first infection and when the test can reliably detect that infection is called Window period. They vary from a few days to 6 months for different STD. Each STD has a different incubation or window period, it means the time during which testing would not show a positive. You need to get tested after the incubation or window period of each STD.Specific STD Window Periods are as follows-Gonorrhea= 2 to 7 days.Chlamydia= 2 to 6 weeks.Syphilis= 10 to 90 days. The window period for Hepatitis B is usually 45-180 days, with anaverage of 60 to 90 days.The newer blood antibody test for herpes, has a 3-month window period. So, get a test after 3 month from exposure. You should consult your doctor, and get it tested at regular time. Good luck and take care. Please let me know how I can be of further assistance. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Dr. Robert and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you